It is a sad fact that motorcycle injuries in Oregon are on the rise. While any kind of accident can be devastating, motorcycle accidents can be particularly damaging. These accidents will, more often than not, involve very serious physical injuries or possibly even death, and that is why if you or a loved one have been involved in a motorcycle accident, you need to get help from the kinds of Oregon motorcycle injury lawyers who have extensive experience working with these kinds of cases. With an attorney on your side with practical experience, you may be able to receive damages as a result of your accident, and hold the responsible party accountable for their actions.
Just like with any accident, there will be certain things that you need to do in order to maintain an accurate record of the accident and obtain all the information that you may need in order to put together an adequate case. There are also things that you will need to do in order to ensure that all injuries are adequately addressed and that no further injuries occur. Of course, it goes without saying that due to injury, you or the involved parties may not be able to complete these tasks. However, if you are able to, these are the things that you will need to make sure happen:
- Never leave the scene when you have been involved in a motorcycle accident.
- Get on the phone and contact 911 or the authorities immediately. If you are not able to call yourself, see if a witness or other party can contact them for you.
- If you are able, try and make as accurate a report to the authorities immediately. Your memory of the accident will never be better than at that time.
- If you need to see a doctor, now’s the time to do so. It’s a good idea to get checked out even when you think you aren’t hurt. As with many accidents, injuries could show themselves later on, perhaps days or even weeks after the accident.
- If your accident involved multiple parties, ensure that you get all the information that you can if you are able. This information will include their names as well as their insurance information. Also pay attention to witnesses who may have seen the accident and get their contact information as well.
- If you believe you weren’t at fault for the accident, now would be the time to contact Oregon motorcycle injury lawyers to get help.
If you are in the unfortunate position of being a relative of someone who has passed due to a motorcycle accident, you will also want to work with an attorney and do so as soon as possible. There are a variety of Oregon motorcycle injury lawyers who can help you with your case; however, you will want to be sure that they have a proven record of working on motorcycle injury accident claims. Most of these professionals will provide you with a free consultation in order to get a grasp of your claim and the circumstances surrounding the death of your loved one.